All of our English teachers are native speakers and appropriately qualified to teach the language at almost any level, keeping in mind your own learning needs and current level. Classes can be held in your Galway home or workplace, and can easily be arranged to fit your schedule. We'll provide your initial text books, all you need to do is decide which of the following available course packages best suits your needs:
Our general courses are a good place to start your English studies, or to improve upon your current skills. They give focused attention to expanding your day-to-day grammar and vocabulary, enabling you to improve your spoken and written English with relative speed and ease. General courses best suit those wishing to improve their English to conversational level, as well as students who hope to continue their English studies to a more advanced level.
For a group of 2 to 12 people who need to gain the same level of English fluency in a given time, Listen & Learn's general group courses are just the thing. So long as the entire class is able to assemble at the same time and location each week and are roughly all at the same level at the start of the course, our group courses will help students gain fluency in everyday conversational English and also gain a good working knowledge of the language. With their main focus on expanding vocabulary and grammar, a general group course is an excellent place to start for those wishing to engage in further English study in the future.
With our one-to-one English business courses, you can develop your current English skills to incorporate them effortlessly into your job - perfect for those employed by multinational organisations, moving abroad to work, or in search of employment overseas. Lessons are designed around your sector of industry and field of work, and tutors can aid learners in improving individual skills required by your role, such as giving presentations, writing reports or composing formal written correspondence.
Intended for learners who already have a basic grasp of English and wish to extend it to apply to their working lives, group business English courses are a great way to enable employees within a multinational corporation to be productive in both their native tongue and their newly-acquired English. Group courses cater for up to 12 people (minimum of 2 students), and should be scheduled to take place at the same time and location each week. The tutor will develop the group's vocabulary to suit the related industry, as well as improve competence for day to day tasks performed in English.
Specific purposes English courses are a great boon to people who have already studied English and wish to develop certain facets of their English skills. This can include an array of helpful guidance, including the following:
• Vocabulary related to the industry (legal, HR, engineering, accounting, medical etc.)
• Accent softening and elocution
• Expanding upon existing aspects (writing, speaking, listening, reading etc.)
• Language for travelling
• Communication skills in business (e.g. training, negotiation, telephony, presentation)
• Writing skills in business (e.g. reports, business correspondence, proposals)
• Historical and cultural sensitivity
If you have a group of 2-12 English learners who all require particular language skills or vocabulary, this option may be ideal for you. All members of the group should be at the same level, intermediate, upper intermediate, or advanced. We can tailor a group language course to address any of the following:
• Accent softening and elocution
• Training to improve specific language skills (writing, comprehension, listening)
• Language for international travel
• Business communication skills (e.g. telephony, presentation, training, negotiation)
• Business writing skills (e.g. reports, business correspondence, proposals)
• >Language for specific industries (e.g. medical, legal, HR, engineering, accounting)
• Historical and cultural sensitivity.