POLICY FOR RECRUITMENT
When you apply for a job at Listen & Learn or via any Recruiting Website, we will collect and use personal data about you during the recruiting and hiring process. Your personal data may be reserved and used by Listen & Learn to consider your qualifications in order to use your services.
By submitting your information, you accept that you have read and understood the consent to the uses of your information. Also, that the information sent is accurate and true.
Providing any inaccurate information may make you unqualified to offer your services.
If Listen & Learn uses your services as a teacher and you accept, your personal data collected during interviews and during your period of service will become part of Listen & Learn personnel records and will be retained throughout the period of your service with Listen & Learn.
If Listen & Learn doesn’t use your services immediately, or after you have finished your first period of service, Listen & Learn may continue to keep your personal data so as to consider you for new vacancies.
Elements of your Data that we collect may include
- Data you submit in resumes, letters, or other written materials
- Data provided by job-search websites
- Recommendations provided on your behalf by others;
- Data about your prior employment, education, and where applicable, credit history, criminal records or other data revealed during background screenings;
- SSN for USA-resident teachers
Why do we collect your data?
If you are a teacher we use your Data for purposes, which may include:
- Evaluate your suitability for providing services for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available;
- Transfer your contact information to our Students to evaluate suitability for the position
- Perform any legally-required reporting and respond to legal process.
Where we obtain your data?
If you are a teacher we may obtain data about you from the following sources:
- From you, when you submit resumes or other information online;
- From recruitment sites.
- From background checks.
Who has access to your data?
- Staff performing administrative and IT support functions
- Teacher Recruitment Department
- Course coordinators organizing a language course
- Language Recruiter
- Academic Advisor
Listen & Learn has appropriate measures in place to help ensure that our users’ Data is protected against unauthorized access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
Request for personal data or information
You may request a copy or send a correction of the personal information we hold about you by contacting the Data Controller at [email protected] or writing to:
Listen & Learn
124 New Bond Street
We may charge the allowable fee under applicable law for provision of this information.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, Listen & Learn shall promptly evaluate the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) not later than 72 hours after becoming aware of it. The Data processor will also be required to notify our clients without undue delay after first becoming aware of a data breach.